Go on a travel adventure in South Iceland
The South Iceland Adventure is no ordinary trip to Iceland. This 5-day guided small group tour in Iceland is designed especially for active 20 - 39-year-old travellers, with an emphasis on faster-paced daily journeys, more youthful activities and authentic tastes of Icelandic young adult culture and nightlife. Enjoy major attractions like the Golden Circle, the northern lights, the Reykjavik nightlife, glaciers, waterfalls and more -- see the full itinerary here.
Travelling solo in Iceland? Make new friends from around the world in a group of 16 travellers max — a few too many people to fit comfortably in a selfie but enough for a welcome dose of diversity and fun stories to share. Learn how to pronounce skál (“cheers”) and other cool new Icelandic words from your energetic local tour guide. But don’t worry if you can’t master the tongue-twisting language because almost everyone in Iceland speaks good English.
Put down that heavy backpack, because you’ll be travelling around in a cosy van with free Wi-Fi for livestreaming your Icelandic adventures to (very jealous) friends back home. Enjoy some quiet relaxation — and privacy — each night at a comfy hotel, not a noisy dorm in a youth hostel. This trip may be adventurous, but it's way more comfortable than most tours for young adults in Iceland.
Included in this tour:
- One included private transfer from Keflavík Airport to Reykjavík
- Accommodation (comfort) for 4 nights
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking guide, as per itinerary
- Transportation in a premium mini-coach, as per itinerary
- Reykjavík Pub Crawl with City Walk (drinks not included)
- Ice Cave tour (3 to 3.5 Hours)
- One semi-private transfer from Reykjavík to Keflavík Airport on departure
- Map of Iceland and detailed personal itinerary
- Nordic Visitor's Iceland Travel Guide
- 24/7 helpline
- Taxes & service fees
See the whole list of what's included
Getting to Iceland is easier and more affordable than you think.
With the ever-growing number of flights to Keflavik Airport from North America and Europe, it’s easier than ever to find good airfare deals to Iceland with budget airlines. Flight times to Iceland are just 3 hours from London, 5.5 hours from New York and 7.5 hours from Seattle. And hey, no vaccinations needed!
Get more info about flights to Iceland
Get VIP access to South Iceland’s glaciers, waterfalls and northern lights.
If you think South Iceland’s natural wonders look amazing on social media, imagine what they’re like in real life. Picture what it’s like to walk on top of — and inside — a massive glacier, with crampons strapped to your boots and a wilderness guide to lead you around a labyrinth of blue ice.
Get close enough to giant waterfalls to hear the thunderous roar and feel the mist on your face. Explore places that appear in music videos by artists like Kaleo, Bon Iver and Justin Bieber. And with a little luck from Mother Nature, watch the northern lights put on a show like you’ve never seen.
Check out #NordicVisitor on Instagram to see what we’re talking about
Try some Icelandic foods that are worthy of a photo op.
In Iceland, the adventure extends to the cuisine. Munch on some delicious Icelandic specialties like free-range lamb, fresh seafood, vegetables grown in geothermal greenhouses and creamy yogurt-like skyr. Feeling adventurous? Try some strange Icelandic delicacies like fermented shark, dried fish or the omnipresent black licorice candies beloved by locals. Yum!
Whether it’s a steaming bowl of homemade lobster soup or a famous Icelandic hot dog ordered eina með öllu (the works), your stomach and Instagram feed will both be satisfied in Iceland. With Reykjavik’s flourishing foodie scene — including Scandinavian-style food halls with cheap bites, youthful cafes with vegan options, and restaurants with international fusion cuisine — there’s something for all tastes and budgets in Iceland.
Discover where the Reykjavik locals go to party and hang out.
Have you ever had a cocktail made with a birch-infused liqueur named Björk? Or the Icelandic national schnapps nicknamed “The Black Death”? Or an Icelandic craft beer brewed near the Arctic Circle?
If you said “no” to any of those, this trip gives you a chance to remedy that. With a local leading your tour you’ll discover the best bars and clubs to go to in Reykjavik to experience the legendary Icelandic nightlife. This is where that Icelandic word skál comes in handy.
Travel like a local in Iceland with Nordic Visitor.
With the local expertise of Nordic Visitor, you’ll also know:
- Where to shop for the best local designs, Icelandic music and those woolly lopapeysa sweaters
- How to experience the Icelandic swimming pool culture
- Which coffee houses are popular with the young locals
- Where to find cool street art to photograph in downtown Reykjavik
- And so much more! Check out our pre-travel information here
We can even add extra nights in Reykjavik, with a variety of accommodations for different budgets, and optional activities, like a visit to the Blue Lagoon, to your trip.
Are you ready to join our adventure in South Iceland? Chat with one of our friendly travel consultants in Reykjavik for more information about this tour.
— WHY JOIN THIS TOUR?
- Watch the northern lights dance and flicker in the sky.
- Touch the intense blue ice in a natural ice cave on a guided glacier walk.
- Feel the power of the thundering Gullfoss waterfall.
- Marvel at the erupting hot springs at the Geysir geothermal region.
- Enjoy a pub crawl in downtown Reykjavík for a taste of Icelandic nightlife.
- See more included attractions here