About the Volcano Eruption in Iceland
You might be wondering how safe it is to visit Iceland right now given the latest volcano eruption on the Reykjanes peninsula. Fortunately, the Icelandic authorities have asserted that the volcano is not dangerous provided you follow all safety advice.
Flights to Iceland have not been affected, so if you’ve booked a trip, you can go ahead with your travel plans. That said, we do not recommend visiting the eruption site itself. This is because new fissures could open unexpectedly anywhere around Litli-Hrútur, where the eruption is taking place. And the presence of harmful gases makes the site dangerous for children and people with respiratory conditions.
— WHY US?
Why book with Nordic Visitor
- Your own local consultant to plan your trip
- Cancellation insurance available for your peace of mind
- 24/7 support helpline during your tour
- Safety-vetted and quality-checked local services
- Insider knowledge from on-the-ground experts
- Flexible & customisable tour options