• This package can be customized to meet your needs on request, such as adding extra nights or additional guided activities in Reykjavik; contact us for details.
• Private tours are available on request with additional optional snowshoeing and ice climbing activities. Contact us for prices and availability.
• Please contact us for prices and availability for 1 person.
About this tour
• This tour requires good winter clothing for outdoor activities, especially since the weather in the Icelandic highlands can change quickly. You should bring insulated windproof/waterproof outerwear, good hiking boots and warm woollen/synthetic layers. For more information about packing tips and climate conditions, please see our Iceland Travel Guide.
• In Iceland, the weather is part of the adventure. With that in mind, please note that the itinerary for Þórsmörk may need be adjusted by the guide according to weather or road conditions.
• The mountain huts at Húsadalur (Þórsmörk) are heated, have indoor (shared) bathroom facilities and the rooms include bed linens. There is also a sauna on site.
• The best months to experience the northern lights are October through April, with peak visibility from December through February. Please note that the northern lights are a natural phenomenon, so we cannot guarantee sightings.
• The accommodation at the Mountain Huts is basic and our guests stay in private rooms with shared bathrooms & showers. The private rooms are small in size with made up bunk beds (double lower bunk and single upper bunk).
• The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions.
Please be advised that daylight is limited in Iceland during the winter months, with about 4-5 hours of daylight during the holidays, from December to January. Winter in Iceland is considered to be from October to April.
For the Blue Lagoon:
The minimum age requirement for children at the Blue Lagoon is 2-years-old. It is mandatory for children ages 2- to 8-years-old to wear inflatable armbands in the lagoon. These are provided free of charge. Please note that only two (2) children under the age of 10 can be admitted into the lagoon per guardian.
All bookings are charged in Icelandic Króna (ISK), the official currency of Iceland. Prices displayed in other currencies are indicative only and based on the daily exchange rate as issued by the Central bank of Iceland. Therefore, conversions from ISK to other currencies will fluctuate from day to day.
After booking with Nordic Visitor
After booking your package with Nordic Visitor, you will be contacted within two working days by one of our travel consultants, who will serve as your dedicated contact person for all of your travel needs before, during and even after your holiday. Your travel consultant will provide you with details about your booking and your remaining payment (if not paid in full). You will also receive more information about what to expect during your holiday.