IT’S TIME TO EXPLORE ICELAND
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to visit Iceland with the ongoing Reykjanes eruption, read on to find out more.
Fortunately, the new volcano near Litli-Hrútur in South Iceland isn’t affecting air travel to and from Iceland. What’s more, the Icelandic authorities have asserted that the volcano isn't dangerous provided you follow all safety advice.
The eruption site is around 30 kilometres (19 miles) away from the capital city of Reykjavík. And the Ring Road – the main route around Iceland – is also unaffected. This means you can go ahead with your trip to the Land of Fire and Ice as planned
If you do have any questions about the eruption, visit our Iceland volcano update page. Here you’ll find the latest information on what’s happening at the 2023 Reykjanes peninsula eruption site.
— WHY US?
Why book with Nordic Visitor
- Your own local consultant to plan your trip & answer your questions
- Cancellation insurance available for your peace of mind
- 24/7 helpline during your tour
- Safety-vetted and quality-checked local services
- Professional service from local experts
- Flexible & customisable tour options